Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
March 13 – 17, 2017
Resilience building in the New Urban Agenda: Localization, Integration, and Valuation
(1) This week will be limited to 30 participants.
(2) It will be a project-based course and require active participation from all students, working in cross-institutional teams.
(3) Teams will work on resilience projects for the District of West Vancouver and University of British Columbia's sustainability initiative. Projects are expected to be in the areas of economic development, biodiversity, alternative water sources, community resilience against climate change (specifically, climate adaptation at the neighbourhood scale), forest wild-fire exposure, and earthquake resilience expertise development.
(4) In order to be totally prepared for the project engagement in Vancouver, students will be expected to attend 6 hour-long online sessions in the weeks leading up to the global network week, connect with team mates from other schools, and familiarize themselves with content that will be provided on resilience thinking and frameworks.
(5) A desire to work hard and have lots of fun are pre-requisites.