Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, School of Business
March 14 – 18, 2016
Topic & Description:
Innovation in Business Models: the LatAm Way
One of the most important corporate choices a company must take is the business model to pursue. There are multiple choices available depending of the specific market, industry or technology, just to mention some of the most relevant factors. The concept of business model is increasingly associated with that of competitive advantage and value creation. This course will discuss innovations on several business models in the context of LatAm companies operating in Latin America, both for profit and non profit or social entrepreneurship.
At the end of this intensive course, the participant will:
- Understand the economic context of business in mayor countries of Latin America.
- Evaluate innovative business models in specific industries such a Airline, Retail, Natural Resources manufacturing and identify key success factors.
- Learn how to evaluate the convenience for a company of having more than one business model at the same time.
- Analyze business models innovations using Latin American examples.
- Understand the changing social role of corporations and the potential for “B” corporations